CEO & Founding Partner
In one sentence: it’s a very detailed document (15-20 pages), covering all the risks associated with your current technology, codebase, and team-level problems that will eventually prevent your software product from scaling.
Around 90% of SaaS startups fail within 3 years from launching despite having access to sufficient funding. One of the main reasons is their inability to predict what could go wrong with their product, team, or both.
Through our unique auditing process, we’ll help you avoid that scenario. Apart from the specific areas you’ll like us to cover, we’ll also get you answers to the key questions every CTO, Founder, or SaaS team leader should know:
We asked our clients why they decided to hire our team to conduct technical audits for them. Among many reasons, 3 have been mentioned over and over again:
No other company can offer the time and devotion of as many experts as we do. We’ve been coding and running our own technical companies for decades, and our shared expertise allows us to identify 95% of problems that are slowly destroying our clients’ products. The other 5%? We might need a day or two to figure it out.
CEO & Founding Partner
See all our pretty faces
We’ll provide unbiased insights on the condition of your business and your team. We have a reputation of “Gordon Ramsey’s startup nightmares”, because we’ll reveal the ugly truth about what’s wrong with your code, communication, and development plans, even if it (slightly) hurts.
We’re all very nice guys, but we also know that only honesty can guarantee success. Sure, we can tell you everything is OK, but that won’t save your product from failing 2 years from now…
Auditing startups is very different to auditing other types of businesses, because there are many obstacles to be aware of when trying to scale up (like funding, recruitment, or extreme uncertainty about the future). We know these stuggles very well, because:
Our unique methodology is based on 5 pillars, because just analyzing the code or looking at technical documentation isn’t enough:
1. We start with a baseline interview, a 2-hour call with the CTO (or other senior leadership). During this time, we cover a lot of ground. Our goal is to know about the key players in the town and the main areas to focus in on during our remaining interviews.
2. We prepare for this interview by getting access to an org-chart and deciding on 3 to 5 key questions (from you or an investment team). We also schedule placeholder interviews.
3. After the baseline interview, we know who we want to talk to and the important systems to review. We invite other team members to the pre-scheduled calls and ask for access to codebases, ticketing systems, and documentation tools.
4. Behind the scenes our team dives deep, checking for best practices across the various systems. During interviews, we zoom in on specific details in an effort to understand how a team thinks about their work.
5. After a week or so, it’s time to write the report. We document our observations and concerns, then share a draft with the company. We refine the finished version and share it with the recipients.
6. We debrief the report after people have had a chance to read it. Then we answer questions. We even join board meetings if necessary. From the first interview, it takes 10 business days to complete the audit.
You won’t see companies like Amazon or Facebook among our past clients. They’re already pretty big. You will, however, see the names that will soon rock the SaaS world because we helped them predict risks and avoid failure.
Email Marketing solution
"They not only helped scale our output but also our strategy, processes and culture. Not by imposing, but by reinforcing the foundations that were already there." — Michelle Dassen (Head of Product)
Virtual learning platform
We did a thorough technical due diligence of their product, team and roadmaps. After sharing our insights with all parties involved, they completed a €2.1 million investment round.
Click the logos to see these great products we helped build
In the eyes of a VC, your startup is more than just lines of code; it's a potential hidden gem waiting to be polished. So, the next time you pitch, think less about impressing with tech and more about presenting a balanced, promising business.
Ready to make your product development bullet-proof? Arrange a free, 30-minute call with Andreas Creten to find out how we can help you. There’s no commitment—we just want to understand your needs.
We’re getting booked up pretty quickly, so the sooner you get in touch, the sooner we can help you…